TruStack continues to grow and we are looking for you!
Are you enthusiastic about technology and being part of an experienced team of industry specialists?
Do you have a diverse technical skills set and looking for your next challenge in a dynamic, growing business?
Are you passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, solving complex and varied problems?
If yes, we may be the perfect fit for each other!
IT Systems & Network Support Engineer
TruStack is looking for an dedicated industry specialist to join our IT Support Services Team based in either our Head Office in Cramlington, or Branch Office in Rainton Bridge.
A pro-active and enthusiastic team player, you will be capable of working on own initiative, along with strong planning and organisation skills incorporating thorough attention to detail. Working within a team environment you will provide technical assistance and guidance to colleagues in order to deliver a high level of service & support to our customers.
You will have an all-round technical portfolio of experience in the Installation, Configuration, Repair and Support of a wide range of hardware, operating systems, and applications in a LAN/WAN environment
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
Technical skills and experience must include some or all of the following. Within each area listed we support a number of hardware vendors and a large variety of configurations:
- Support and Maintenance of Server and Desktop Hardware and operating systems
- Microsoft Active Directory skills
- MS Exchange/O365 management, installation and migration
- SAN, NAS DeDupe Storage
- VMware / Hyper-V infrastructure
- LAN/WAN/WLAN Network troubleshooting and support
- Backups/Replication/Disaster Recovery
- VDI (Horizon/Appvols/UEM)
- Security technologies – VPN/Firewall/2FA/AV etc
- System(s) and Network(s) monitoring solutions such as CW Automate/Auvik/Logic Monitor are desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service ethic whilst maintaining a professional and friendly manner
- Demonstrates strong troubleshooting skills resulting in effective problem solving
- Demonstrates the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to consistently deliver quality answers to our customers and to follow-up any outstanding issues
- Ability to prioritise multiple, concurrent tasks and to continue to answer support calls while researching on-going issues
- Flexile attitude to fit in with a work rota / environment that may be subject to change
You will hold the following qualifications, or be studying towards at least one vendor or vocational qualification such as but not limited to the following: CCNA MCSE, Cyber Essentials, NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
You will form part of the Help Desk Call escalation process to diagnose and resolve service/support calls within prescribed target SLA including:
- Actively Monitor/Manage/Update each call’s progress, keeping lines of communication open with colleagues and customer through to completion
- Solutions Planning and Implementation though to completion, liaising with Sales Account Manager, any 3rd parties and the Customer
- Preparation and commissioning of Hardware and Software
- Evaluating new Technologies when required
- Liaising with Sales to provide Pre & Post Sales technical advice / assistance in order to confirm the technical validity of proposed solutions
- Any other duties within the job holders experience or training
For more information about this role or to submit a CV, please contact [email protected]
No recruitment agencies needed.
Corporate social responsibility
Doing the right thing is core to our values. This covers every aspect of what we do, from being commercially fair, to designing the right solution for the client. It’s all about doing the right thing. By doing the right thing, we will always remain customer-focused and, in turn, we’ll make it harder for our competitors to get a look in. We need to protect what we have, while growing sustainably and responsibly and by doing the right thing every time, we’ll achieve this.
At TruStack we believe in giving something back to the local community. This year instead of a national charity, we chose a local charity incredibly dear to some of our team members hearts. Through various fundraising activities throughout the year, we will be raising money for the Tiny Lives Trust.
The Tiny Lives Trust is a registered charity that helps to care for premature and sick new-born babies and their families in the Newcastle Neonatal Service, based in Ward 35 of the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle. The fund aims to provide the highest quality of care on an ongoing basis and needs to raise at least £350,000 every year to support a range of facilities, staff, and equipment. For more information please visit http://www.tinylives.org.uk/
Finally we need to make sure that ALL our core values are met. They are all as equally important as each other and collectively they will give us stability and success. We ALL need to do this. We can’t have 90% of the team buying into these values – we all need to.
In addition to volunteering with the charity, colleagues will take part in fundraising activities such as bake sales, charity quiz nights and participate in organised sporting events such as The Great North Run. Keep an eye out through our news and events pages on any fundraising activities we will be organising!